Dateline 10th June 2013.
It is with regret that we have taken the decision to defer this September's expedition to Lebanon until September 2014. The situation in the Middle East is rarely stable and in Lebanon at the moment there are a number of factors which have convinced us that it would not be sensible for this expedition to go ahead this year.
The war in Syria is increasingly starting to impact on Lebanon and it is likely that things will get worse before they get better.
Instead of Lebanon the Society plans a smaller expedition to the Adriatic at the same time, and anyone who was interested in coming on the Lebanon expedition will be treated as a priority applicant for the Adriatic.
We will start a new volunteer list for Lebanon in 2014 so if anyone wants to put their name down, please do so.